Public Relations And Communications Department
The Public Relations and Communication Department is responsible for:
- Raising awareness for the Ministry’s responsibilities and activities through campaigns and collateral
- Monitoring media coverage, present to officials and draft replies when needed
- Processing public enquiries and complaints, referring them to the relevant departments.
- Organising travel, hospitality and accommodation requirements for the Ministry’s guests with relevant administrative departments.
- Organising cultural, social and sports activities for Ministry employees or and supervising events organized or in participation of the Ministry
- Organising conferences, seminars and exhibitions, preparing the needed budgets in collaboration with relevant departments.
- Promoting and raising awareness for the Ministry’s activities to the general public.
- Promoting a positive image of the Ministry and its pivotal role in society.
- Advising ministerial departments on public opinion ahead of introducing new policies.
- Developing and reviewing crisis communication plans, ready to implement if needed.
- Refuting rumours and misleading campaigns against the Ministry by releasing supportive and positive messages.
- Creating a positive work environment amongst different ministerial departments and employees.
- Ensuring the news published about the Ministry are correct and appropriate, rectifying any incorrect information in the media.
- Engage with public opinion leaders to increase public awareness of the Ministry.
- Responding proactively to public opinion and trends, influencing Ministerial policy changes and ensuring activity is in the best interest of the public.