Dear Investors, here follows a set of obligations that you must comply with when working and doing business in Qatar:
- Make sure to display the commercial register and license in a prominent place at the licensed site to avoid committing a legal violation.
- It is necessary to place the license number on your shop’s sign to avoid committing any violations or being subject to penalties
- It is prohibited to house workers on the shop’s premises. If you are providing workers with housing within the shop, you must remove them immediately to avoid any penalties.
- To avoid legal liability, make sure to renew the commercial register and licenses 30 days before their expiry.
- Make sure to update information relating to the commercial register and commercial licenses in case of any changes.
- Make sure to obtain the necessary approvals from concerned parties before signing the lease contract for service activities in a residential area.
- When choosing a service activity in a residential area, make sure to comply with the urban planning and organizational standards by visiting the branches of the ministry in the area.
- It is your duty as a merchant to provide detailed invoices to consumers. The invoice must be in Arabic in addition to any another language.
- Check the name of commercial activities before applying for a commercial register through the ministry’s mobile application or by visiting the ministry’s nearest branch.
- It is prohibited to conduct any commercial activity other than the activities permitted in the register and commercial license.
- If you wish to offer promotions or discounts, you must first obtain a license from the Market Control and Licensing Department at the consumer sector. You can seek the approval through the electronic services of the Ministry: services.moci.gov.qa
- Please obtain preliminary approval from the Commercial Licenses department before signing the lease contract for the site to be licensed.