In the context of the preventive and precautionary measures adopted by the state to contain the COVID-19 outbreak and to ensure public safety, the Ministry of Commerce and Industry issued circular No 21 of 2020 on exempting the contracting and construction sector from the decision on specified working hours. Exempted businesses include; contracting and construction companies, building materials and equipment companies, technical, mechanical and carpentry workshops, offices and engineering laboratories and stores and warehouses.
Provided that the following conditions are met:
- To measure the body temperature of all employees twice a day and to isolate any worker with a high body temperature.
- To prepare a list of elderly workers and employees with chronic illness conditions
- To comply with safe distancing measures both in the workplace and at home.
- To commit to wearing masks and using sterilizers both at work and at home.
- To abide by working hours and shift requirements and to ban gatherings in workplaces and homes
The Ministry stressed that all companies and retail outlets must comply with the decisions of the Ministry of Administrative Development, Labour and Social Affairs and the Ministry of Public Health in this regard.
The Ministry warned that any violation of the decision’s provisions will subject perpetrators to legal measures. The Ministry will intensify its inspection campaigns to ensure the compliance of concerned parties with their obligations in line with this decision and to crack down on any violations in this regard.
The Ministry noted that the decision, which was issued on Thursday, April 23, 2020, may be subject to amendments and updates according to the latest developments in this regard. The Ministry of Commerce and Industry calls on all citizens and residents to seek information only from official sources, and to consult the Ministry’s website and social media pages for the latest news and updates.
The Ministry of Commerce and Industry urges consumers to report any violations or infringements, complaints and suggestions through the following communication channels:
Call Center: 16001
– The Ministry of Commerce and Industry account on social media
– Twitter @MOCIQATAR
– Instagram MOCIQATAR
The Ministry of Commerce and Industry’s application on iPhone and Android devices MOCIQATAR