Based on the decision of the Council of Ministers and within the framework of the preventive and precautionary measures adopted by Qatar to contain the coronavirus outbreak, and in line with previous decisions and procedures, the Ministry of Commerce and Industry issued circular N. 20 of 2020 on determining working hours for commercial activities during the holy month of Ramadan. The working hours for private companies and retail outlets were set from 09:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
The following activities have been excluded from the decision:
- Food, subsidised supplies, consumers goods, vegetables and fruits outlets (hypermarkets, supermarkets and grocery stores)
- Restaurants and cafés (coffee shops) that may only process delivery orders
- Shops selling sweets, coffee and dates
- Telecom companies
- Delivery companies through electronic apps
- Gas stations and car services
- Agencies’ maintenance workshops
- Companies operating in the hospitality sector
- Maintenance companies (electricity, plumbing, and electronics services)
- Logistics services companies and freight companies operating in ports, airports, and customs services
The Ministry stressed that all companies and retail outlets must comply with the decisions of the Ministry of Administrative Development, Labour and Social Affairs and the Ministry of Public Health in this regard
The Ministry warned that any violation of the decision’s provisions will subject perpetrators to legal measures. The Ministry will intensify its inspection campaigns to ensure the compliance of concerned parties with their obligations in line with this decision and to crack down on any violations in this regard.
The Ministry noted that the decision, which was issued on Thursday, April 23, 2020, may be subject to amendments and updates according to the latest developments in this regard. The Ministry of Commerce and Industry calls on all citizens and residents to seek information only from official sources, and to consult the Ministry’s website and social media pages for the latest news and updates.
The Ministry of Commerce and Industry urges consumers to report any violations or infringements through the following communication channels:
Call Center: 16001
– The Ministry of Commerce and Industry accounts on social media:
– Twitter @MOCIQATAR
– Instagram MOCIQATAR
The Ministry of Commerce and Industry’s application on iPhone and Android devices MOCIQATAR