Companies Affairs Department
The Companies Affairs Department
is responsible for:
- Implementing policies governing the establishment and quality control of companies.
- Supervising the establishment of commercial entities.
- Ensuring implementation of trade legislation and regulations by companies.
- Regulating auditors.
- Supervising Chartered Accountants.
- Register international companies and businesses in line with investment and representation office policies.
- Companies Control Section.
- Shareholding Companies Control Section.
- Accounts Auditors Section.
1. The Companies Control Section is responsible for:
- Implementing policies governing the establishment of new companies in Qatar.
- Developing, reviewing and approving procedures and contracts for Limited Liability Corporations, Sole Proprietorship, Partnership, and Limited Partnership companies.
- Overseeing the implementation of trade policies by the private sector.
- Processing applications for international companies.
- Preparing ministerial decisions regarding the registration of international companies and commercial representation offices.
2. Shareholding Companies Control Section is responsible for:
- Implementing policies governing the control of Shareholding Companies.
- Reviewing and approving contracts and procedures for establishing Shareholding Companies and partnership companies.
- Monitoring procedures for and participating in the annual general meetings of Shareholding companies.
- Reviewing and approving annual general meeting schedules ahead of publication.
- Reviewing the financial statements of Shareholding companies ahead of publication.
3. The Accounts Auditors Section is responsible for:
- Implementing policies governing the Accounts Auditors profession.
- Preparing and supervising accountants’ records.
- Ensure companies are committed to the policies and professional standards of the Committee of Chartered Accountants.
- Reviewing complaints of accounting irregularities and overseeing the formation of authoritative committees.