The Human Resource Department creates policies relating to workforce planning, selection and hiring of ministry staff; it chooses the appropriate training programmes to meet employee’s needs; it builds salary and functional structures based on state legislation; it evaluates employee performances objectively and fairly; it provides the necessary information and services; and it supervises the implementation of these policies, monitoring their progress and implement required changes.
The Human Resources Department is responsible for:
- Implementing legislation and policies related to personnel affairs.
- Identifying staff requirements across ministerial administrative departments.
- Developing and implementing job descriptions and job classifications.
- Preparing budgets in collaboration with relevant administrative departments.
- Conducting employee performance reviews and appraisals.
- Processing employee transfer, secondment and termination details.
- Processing employee leave entitlements.
- Developing the organisational structure of the Ministry.
- Developing and implementing training programmes for employees across administrative departments.
- Maintaining ministerial databases.